Last week was a bit of a funny one. I completed by second week of placement at my local TV station which was pretty neato. It’s hard work being thrown into the grown up world, but so far I’m really loving it. I feel like I’m running all over the place so I thought I’d post a nice simple post with some of my observations from the last week.
1) I have decided that anyone in a long coat should not be trusted. You know exactly who I mean; that guy that you see parting the crowds, billowing down the street with a long coat flying out behind him. Your eyes dart over it suspiciously, or at least mine do. I can only assume that in such a lengthy coat, there must be compartments where they are selling watches/ sandwiches from on street corners. Unless you suffer from very cold knees or have a role in a matrix remake, there is no requirement for such a monstrosity.
2) There is no evening better spent that one crafting away, though, I must admit that many of my attempts may be questionable. (I revert back to the occasion I tried to make my own lampshade and created the single most flammable object I have ever seen). Just now I am trying to decorate a globe. So far painting it has been quite simple, once I stopped being surprised every time the bloody thing moved. Right now I am trying to figure out ways to stab a small hole in it without shattering it entirely. If anyone has any previous experience with stabbing a globe, please let me know.
3) Valentines day is weird. I work in a restaurant, and I had really never given much thought to this particular day before I had to suffer through vomit inducing couples in their hundreds. I know it’s nothing more than something fueled by card companies and people making money out of it, but the people that come crawling out of the woodwork to eat food together on this day are astounding! A top tip I will give to all gents is don’t propose in a public place unless you know she is going to say yes. There is little more awkward than watching a woman turn down the poor guy across from her, then both in turn stare awkwardly at the bowl of pasta before them. Please spare us all.
4) Milk is so weird! Why are you all drinking it? Stop drinking it! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
5) Breakfast food always tastes better when consumed outwith traditional breakfast hours. Why is this? I think we all love a bit of rebellion, and nothing is more ‘off the rails’ than tucking in to a bowl of cereal at 10pm at night, I’m honestly amazed that the police haven’t tracked me down yet for this sort of behaviour. I’ll wait. They’ll come.
6) Small acts of kindness really do go a long way. This isn’t me telling you to buy the next person you see an apple, don’t worry. However what’s wrong with telling someone that their hair looks proper cool or their new shoes really bring out their knees? Nothing. I dare you to pay someone a genuine compliment and make their day. It goes a long way and really costs you nothing.
7) Salmon are the chickens of the sea. Think about it, they absolutely are. Weird.